Learning

letter L metal type letter e DSC_0262 Caslon metal type letter r N I letter N letter G

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tool #9 Sharing Information Through Jing & Skype

Screencast is a good tool to use when showing the kids how to log in to some of the programs that we use in the classroom such as AR, First in Math, or even how to find different sites to use for assignments. I can also see using screencast to show the students how to solve different types of word problems. I captured a picture of the USA that could be used in Social Studies for map skills and learning the different states required for each grade level. I found easy to use.

http://screencast.com/t/NTRlOTQxO

I can see using skype to connect with other classrooms around the world to do some collaborative learning. It would also be a good tool to use to communicate with parents who cannot make it to a conference or with a student that may have questions about their homework after school. It would also be a good tool to use for read alouds from people in the community or to learn about different people in the community. Skype opens up alot of possibilities for learning.

P.S. If anyone wants to attempt to use skype let me know because I have set up an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment