Learning

letter L metal type letter e DSC_0262 Caslon metal type letter r N I letter N letter G

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tool #11

Three things that I want to make sure my students understand about being a good digital citizen are safety, etiquette/responsibility, also about communications/cyberbullying. I would use the brainpop videos to help teach the students about digital citizenship. I would also demonstrate how to use authority when searching for information and how to verify the sources. The students would create a presentation to share with the class. The students could use digital storytelling, image generators, or mashups for their projects.

Digital citizenship is something that I plan to teach at the beginning of the year and revisit frequently throughout the year.

1 comment:

  1. And your friendly librarian can help with Digital Citizenship too. I presented it to the whole grade level during one of the Professional Weeks last year, but you are right that it needs to be revisited several times during the year.

    ReplyDelete